Out of a deeply concerted effort to preserve the remnants of Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Edition, Pathfinder 1st Edition was born in 2009 via Paizo Publishing. Taking the base D20 / SRD rule-set, Pathfinder added to them, refined them, created their own worlds and mythos. It became an embedded haven for die-hard gamers, who missed the complexity and options that later editions of D&D no longer offered them.
Some major changes include:
- Modular character building and leveling options, to ensure your player character is unique.
- Simplified experience (XP) system for leveling.
- The inclusion of "modes of play" to categorize/represent certain in-game events, scales and time frames.
- Streamlined action economy for encounters.
- Goblins & Alchemists join the party.
- Some unique spins on various classic classes and archetypes.
Check out our Pathfinder 2nd Edition range, as well as a helpful comparison video below.